Tuesday, April 04, 2006

bittersweet simpsony

The announcement I'd been dreading yet hoping for came today: Simpsons movie out in 2007.

Now for those of you who know how much of a Simpsons addict I am, you might be surprised to learn that I could possibly dread such an occasion. Here's why.

This movie has been in the offing for many, many years now: Matt Groening has talked about it many times. But consistently, he's always said that it would be the last thing they'd do. Like, it would be their way to go out. That they would save all the best stuff (and they've been working on this for many, many years now) and put it in this movie. So while I'm rapt that it's finally got a date for release, I'm also a little sad. Cue The Verve:

'Cos it's a bittersweet Simpsony this life...

No comments: